Project to bring down spending on electricity.
Solar as a source of energy is a proven technology in terms of providing sustainable, clean and emission free energy. Considering the immense potential of solar power generation in Jalandhar city, solar panels have been installed on the rooftops of various government buildings under the Jalandhar Smart City Mission.
Under this project for total capacity of 3.8 MW Solar panels are to be installed on various government buildings. Out of this, solar panels with a total capacity of 1145 KW have been installed on 26 government buildings. the remaining solar panels of capacity 2655 KW is to be installed out of which 1080 KW will be installed on 6 identified government buildings and 1575 KW will be installed in the buildings which are under identification
The details of the buildings where solar panels have been installed are as follows:
Agriculture Office, Commissioner of Police, DC Office, SSP Office, Govt. Education College, Meritorious School, Municipal Corporation Office, Registrar Office 1 & 2, Govt. Girls School, Sport College, JDA, Govt High School Basti Bawa Khel, Govt Girls Sr Secondary School Nehru Garden, Govt Sr Sec School Mithapur, PAP Complex ( ADGP Office Admin Block, Police DAV Public School, Police DAV Public School Pre Primary Wing, Golf Club, Community Health Centre Hospital, Hostel Block-A, Hostel Block-B, Law School Building, Line Barack Market Building -1, Market Building -2 SDRF.
Total Capacity of Solar Panels:
3800 KW (3.8 MW)
Project Time Period :
9 Months plus 5 year O&M
Mode of Implementation:
Project Cost (Cr.):
Punjab Energy Development Agency (PEDA) via hired M/s Mittal Machines
Building where Solar Panels of capacity 1080 KW Installation is in process:
- 100 MLD STP , Pholriwal
- 25 MLD STP, Pholriwal
- 10 MLD STP, Pholriwal
- Cantonment Board Boys Sr. Sec. School
- MCJ Building
- Police Station, Surya Enclave, Rama Mandi
Features and Components
- An on-grid solar system that works with the grid.
- In case of excess or shortage of electricity, the grid can be fed through net metering.
- Electricity will always run from the solar system or from the grid
- No battery is required for this.
Benefits to the citizens
- Surplus electricity generation through this technology is helping to feed the main grid system.
- Getting uninterrupted power supply and cost cutting in power consumption.
- about 60 % Savings on monthly electricity bills
- This technology is pollution free and causes no greenhouse gases.
- Zero environmental impact and reduce carbon footprints.
- In addition, Solar energy can reduce carbon emissions from energy production by about three tons per day compared to emissions from thermal power generation.