Street lights play crucial role to prevent of road accidents and increase in safety of city citizen. Conventional technology based Sodium Street lights have to be switched on and off at a fixed time and the light intensity remains the same throughout the night, resulting in huge power consumption in the city.
Looking at save energy and safety issue, as many as 77000 sodium street lights including its related infrastructure have been replaced with smart LED lights in Jalandhar city under smart project to make the lighting system smarter and more efficient. Out of total 77000 LED lights, 22334 lights of 35W, 39045 of 70W, 9743 of 18W and 1215 of 110W have been installed across the city.
About 1000 number of new Centralized Control & Monitoring System (CCMS) has been setup. This CCMS will help self-managing (auto on & off) the LED lights as per local environmental condition. In this project, all dark spots in the city have been illuminated with LED lights.
Project Cost (Cr.):
Project Time Period:
Mode of Implementation:
M/s- HPL Electric & power Ltd
Project has been completed
- Street lights have increased the visibility of the city
- Road safety for drivers and pedestrians has received encouragement.
- Helping discourage incidents of theft or violence in areas of the city that used to be dark spots
- About 60% reduction in monthly electricity bill and increased lux level
- Helps in the security & surveillance of city and reduction in O&M cost
- Environment friendly