In order to develop Jalandhar City railway station as a model railway station under the Smart City project, 6.26 Crore is being spent under Smart City Mission fund. This work is being done by the Railway Department by calling tenders. The entire work under this project will be done in two phases. Smart City Jalandhar has deposited the approved amount to the Railway Department for the works to be done in both the phases.
In the first phase, beautification of the area in front of the railway station of the city, soft and hard landscaping, green development, streamlining of traffic circulation through one-way road, drop-off area and pick-up area development, private car and two are included. -Contains organized parking areas for wheelers and three-wheelers.
In the second phase, the second entrance from the other side of the railway station, Foot over bridge, escalator and the façade of the station will be developed by giving a heritage look. At present the work of Phase-1 has been completed and the work of Phase-II is still going on which will be completed soon.
City Railway Station Area
Project Time Period:
Mode of Implementation:
Project Cost (Cr.):
- Improved traffic and pedestrian friendly movement
- Improvement in parking facility (short term drop off/pick-up)
- ease of traffic movement
- Development of green island in front of aesthetic appearance
- Front Reform in the Line of Cultural Heritage
- Ease of movement of passengers with the provision of escalators, foot over bridges